Some things make us guffaw (LOL) or laugh so much we can’t seem to stop (ROFL), but others make us feel a bit like laughing but mostly make us grin. Here’s a list of mildly humorous facts (are they really?) that made me grin (MMG).
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it.)
- If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
(Now that’s more like it!)
- The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- A pig’s orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
(In my next life, I want to be a pig.)
- A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)
(I’m still not over the pig.)
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour
(Don’t try this at home,maybe at work)
- The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male’s head off.
(“Honey, I’m home. What the….?!”)
- The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It’s like a human jumping the length of a football field.
(30 minutes..lucky pig! Can you imagine?)
- The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)
- Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life…quality over quantity)
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Something I always wanted to know.)
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you’re ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)
- Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
(okay, so that would be a good thing)
- A cat’s urine glows under a black light.
(I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
(I know some people like that.)
- Starfish have no brains.
(I know some people like that too.)
- Polar bears are left-handed.
(If they switch, they’ll live a lot longer)
- Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(What about that pig??)
I’m unsure where this originated, but I found it on several dozen blogs, some dating back to 2004. It’s also circulating in e-mail. For the curious, here’s a list of Web spots that included the line about banging one’s head on the wall. WARNING: These links are unproofed. They may fail, may lead to sites you don’t want to see, etc. Use at your own risk.